Nature America, Inc Associate Editor (Cancer or Neuroscience), Nature Medicine in New York City, New York
Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community. We are looking to recruit an Associate Editor to expand the Nature Medicine team. We are seeking applicants with a PhD related to cancer biology or neuroscience to join us based in our New York, San Francisco or London office.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A PhD in the field of cancer or neuroscience. Postdoctoral research experience is strongly preferred. A thorough understanding of recent trends and developments in the field is essential.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your speciality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to efficiently read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Willingness to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Editor, and play an important role in determining the representation of their subject in the journal. They will handle original research papers, oversee the peer review process, and engage extensively with the scientific community by attending conferences and visiting laboratories. The ability to recommend well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice is crucial. Willingness to travel is essential. Editors also occasionally write editorials or short pieces for the journal, organize internal and external conferences, and contribute ideas for the commissioning of Reviews and Perspectives.
Applicants should send a CV, a cover letter explaining their interest in the position and their salary expectations, and a New & Views style piece about a research article that has been published in the last three months and that they find particularly exciting.
Please submit your application byJuly 7, 2017.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the worlds largest academic book publisher, publisher of the worlds highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13, 000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science Business Media.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO