Lincoln Journal Star Assistant Editor in Madison, Wisconsin
Position at Capital Newspapers
Award winning publications. Award winning people.
Agri-View, Wisconsin’s leading agricultural publication, is seeking an enthusiastic assistant editor to join our Madison office. You will play in integral part in our editorial team by contributing features, editing and preparing news releases for publication, and driving our social media presence. If you have excellent grammar and writing skills, preferably with an agricultural background, this is the position for you!
- Interview, research and flawlessly write stories in Associated Press Style by deadline
- Identify missing elements and errors, and assure orderly copy flow
- Enter agricultural news into a content-management system
- Create and maintain a strong network of industry professionals as a representative of Agri-View
- Schedule and monitor regular social media posts, working to optimize reach and interaction on platforms
- Associate’s degree in Journalism with an emphasis in agricultural journalism or equivalent knowledge/experience required
- At least five years’ experience in editing and writing required
- Proficiency in AP Style, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and social media required
- Ability and knowledge to take and provide quality photos
- Possess the skills to problem-solve, and work quickly and accurately, in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure
- There will be the occasional need to attend pasture walks or farm tours, and so will need to be able to walk with the group.
- The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, and have access to a private vehicle to be considered for this position.
Capital Newspapers offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending, short-term disability and long-term disability, matching 401k plan)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Culture of teamwork, professional work environment, and a focus on growth opportunities
- Onsite bank
- Yoga/exercise room
- Food-cart Wednesdays
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
The Capital Newspapers organization is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice.