Quest Diagnostics Editor, Marketing Content - Madison, NJ in Madison, New Jersey
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Editor, Marketing Content in our Madison, NJ location.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3780831
The Marketing Content Editor ensures that our internal and external communication material is in brand voice and is clear and consistent, complete, grammatically correct and accessible and moves through the formal review process on a timely basis. This review is accomplished during both the validation and review stages of our Communication Review Process (CRP).
Primary duties include review and correction of spelling, grammar and layout (proofreading), checking content, imposing consistent styling and rewording or rewriting (copy editing) as necessary. They work with various content owners across the business on materials such as marketing collateral, training documents and websites/social media. They may also assist in development/research/writing of copy as assigned.
- Working in coordination with the CRP administrator and visual identify reviewer, this role concentrates on voice and validates submissions for review, checking:
- Branding/Voice Adherence – platform, values, clear/dynamic/consistent voice
- Branding - registered marks and trademarks; approved boilerplate (copyright language)
- Proofreading - spelling, grammar, formatting etc.
- References – present, highlighted and appropriately cited in the correct format
- Basic Medical Terminology – familiarity with capabilities’ tests, diseases, abbreviations etc.
- Company Terminology – e.g., specimen vs. sample, customer vs. client, patient vs. consumer, etc.
- Legal/Medical Disclaimers - keeps current with any disclaimer changes
- Corporate Fact Check – number of employees, PSCs, # of physician experts, etc. (check quarterly)
- If Campaign - consistency with Campaign Brief (per IMD) and among tactics submitted
- Any improper use of elements listed above and rejects (returns to sender) appropriately.
- Works with submitter & consults until submission is ready for Online Review.
- May assist CRP administrator with submission triage and project tracking and reporting.
- Maintains a resource library – e.g., all relevant reference materials (may be in conjunction w/brand team) as well as the online system itself
- BA/BS in marketing, journalism, communications or other related field
- Skilled editor with five or more years of writing/editing/proofreading experience (health care space preferred)
- Develops and applies knowledge of internal roles and inter-department relationships
- Team player. Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to maintain solid working relationships.
- Time and project management skills, ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Effectively uses references available: corporate facts, test coding, medical terminology
- Understands branding: both visual and voice style guidelines
- Digitally savvy and knowledgeable about various marketing tactics and tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word and PowerPoint
Writing samples required.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.
Job Title: Editor, Marketing Content - Madison, NJ
Job ID: 3780831
Location: 3 Giralda Farms
Full/Part Time: Full-Time