Light Iron Digital, LLC Jr. Editor/ Features in Los Angeles, California
The role of our Jr. Editor will be to work with our Senior Finishing Artist, producers, colorists, and our engineers to support a custom workflow tailored to the needs of our clients. This position will be scheduled in the evening hours for a broader range of available services. A qualified applicant will be ambitious, self-motivated and able to work supervised and unsupervised.
• Provide conforming and editorial support to the Senior Finishing artist
• Conform feature length and short form projects from original camera negative (file based)
• Review and ensure that all elements meet technical specifications
• Create basic opticals as required
• Work closely with our in-house producers and colorists to meet deadlines and complete work orders accurately
• Operate different tools to complete each conform task
• A complete understanding of file-based work flows, color space, and codecs
• Avid, Final Cut, Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, After Effects and Quantel Pablo Rio
• At least 5 years’ experience in a post production environment
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position works evening hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit resume in PDF format to email@example.com
Please no calls or drop offs.