Thomson Reuters Associate Editor, Breakingviews in London, United Kingdom
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Associate Editor
The world’s leading provider of real-time financial commentary is seeking an experienced financial journalist to help guide our coverage in Europe. This is an opportunity to help shape the agenda on corporate finance, economics, markets and policy across the region.
Building on our long-established reputation for speed, accuracy, clarity and insight, the Associate Editor will combine access to senior executives, financiers and policymakers with razor-sharp analytical skills, fresh ideas, and the ability to tackle complex concepts with lively, engaging arguments.
The editor will work with our global team of 30 top-notch columnists to break real-time views and challenge the consensus. They will also work with our production teams to get stories out in a timely fashion. Our editors have great contacts, a strong publishing mindset and can write as well as edit. Original thinking, people skills and financial knowledge are critical.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Conceiving, shaping and editing views from our team of columnists for a sophisticated financial audience, to tight deadlines
- Producing snappy, insightful columns and calculators on a range of topics
- Maintaining and broadening contacts with senior executives, bankers, investors and policymakers
- Working with editors in London, New York and Hong Kong to ensure seamless coverage of important stories while identifying cross-border themes
Promoting Breakingviews by participating in conferences, appearing on television and radio, and maintaining a robust social media presence
Essential Skills and Experience:
Demonstrable ability to generate agenda-setting insights for a sophisticated global audience
- Detailed knowledge of banking, markets and the core concepts of corporate finance
The ability to deliver punchy, well-argued opinions to tight deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
A solid base of high-level contacts among bankers, investors and policymakers
- Interest in expressing views through graphics and data visualization
- Applications should include a CV and writing samples. Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world’s media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *News & Editorial Family Group
Organization: *Reuters Breakingviews
Title: Associate Editor, Breakingviews
Location: GBR-London-London-GBR-London-30 South Colonnade
Requisition ID: JREQ086380