University of Kansas Academic Aide Editor- Student hourly in Lawrence, Kansas
The primary responsibility in this position is to create and ensure timely delivery of textbooks and other reading materials in accessible formats (e.g., electronic text, Braille, and large print for KU students with print disabilities).
Scanning textbooks and other reading materials, conversion of materials to Microsoft Word, PDF, or Braille. Appropriately editing and tagging documents.
- Currently enroll in a minimum of 6 hours at KU with a minimum GPA of 2.75 is required.
- Prior experience working independently and be familiar with computers, scanning and basic applications such as Microsoft Word, Adobe Professional, etc.
- Must be comfortable using technology, as evidenced through application materials, and be willing and able to learn new computer programs as needed.
- Experience with using scanning equipment and converting PDF documents to readable text, saving to CD, flash drive or MP3.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Eligible for Federal Work Study
- Major in Engineering, Math, Sciences, Graphic Design or related field.
Additional Candidate Instruction
Complete online application. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three references.
Contact Information to Applicants
Jaclyn Anderson; email@example.com; 864-4064
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Auto req ID: 9352BR
Posting Title: Academic Aide Editor- Student hourly
Department: Acad Achieve & Access Ctr-AAAC
Employee Class: S-Student
Work Schedule: 10-15 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
Advertised Salary Range: $8.50/ hour
Application Review Begins: 15-Sep-2017