WestRock Copy Editor in Lansing, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Proofreads typeset copy against original copy provided to ensure accuracy of typeset.
- Verifies copy and layout are correct in terms of spelling, grammar, typeface, size/style, line spacing, layout and printing specifications, and correcting mechanical errors detected.
- Edits newly created copy and layouts as assigned for sense, readability, consistency, style and conformity to automation requirements.
- Drafts Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associate’s degree with a focus on English studies (journalism, etc.) from an accredited college or university.
- Basic computer knowledge with internet, email and office type software.
- Six-twelve months' related experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.