Mattel Publishing Associate in Kingdom, United Kingdom
At Mattel, our vision isInspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
The Publishing Associate will assist the Senior Publishing Licensing Manager in developing and managing licensing relationships from the UK office, and will work closely with designated publishing licensees to produce books in all formats (trade, comic books, magazines, digital etc.), as well as assisting in creatively developing new product ideas.
For this role, we are seeking a dedicated publishing professional, ideally with licensed publishing and subsidiary rights experience to join the team.
Key Results Areas
- Assist in managing the day-to-day publishing relationships with UK and EMEA Book and Magazine publishers
- Supporting everyday responsibilities such as contract negotiations, amendments, financial analyses, strategy presentations, product line analysis and other projects for the category
- Responsible for maintaining publishing contract databases, contact list, gap analysis, setting up quarterly meetings, Trade Shows etc.
- Research and understand the competitive landscape, identifying new category opportunities and prospective partners
- Ensure licensee product lines reflect brand/property objectives
- Implement marketing and promotional strategies in liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the Global Publishing team, other categories, Retail Team, Regional Franchise, Brand activation, to develop joint business plans
- Prepare brand pitch and marketing presentations
- Obtain and review quarterly sales forecast information from licensees to build quarterly forecast and budget
- Provide all needed product and licensee information to the sales and marketing to support retail road shows and presentations
Experience, Education & Skills
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Relevant experience in publishing, ideally from a licensed publishing or subsidiary rights background
- Experience of working with creative staff to develop new product ideas is highly preferable;
- Strong PC skills (including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop),
- Clear, persuasive verbal and written communication and presentation skills,
- Ability to develop strong relationships,
- Ability to challenge
- Bring new ideas and thinking to the business.
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive
- Able to handle multiple tasks and assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Marketing, Business or English
ABOUT US Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Publishing Associate
Requisition Number: 171621
Location: United Kingdom
Zip Code: W1T 7NF
Job Category: Administrative