UBM Associate Editor in Iselin, New Jersey
UBM is seeking a talented individual to join the Pharma/Science team in the role of* Associate Editor*.
UBM Life Sciences Pharma/Science Group serves professionals in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and laboratory industries with leading content services delivered across multiple platforms.
The group meets the information needs of more than 1 million pharmaceutical, biotechnology, laboratory, and nutraceutical professionals in the U.S. and abroad involved with development, clinical trials, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals through a portfolio of nine publication brands and dozens of leading online products.
UBM Pharma/Science Group is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit www.ubmamericas.com
UBM company summary
UBM organizes over 300 market-leading B2B events every year. At our events we create the environments which allow business to flourish. Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
Our events serve a tremendous variety of different industry sectors from furniture to fashion to pharma. In total we serve over 50 different communities.
There are over 3,750 people working at UBM. We operate in more than 20 countries. This global footprint allows us to help businesses to trade both domestically and internationally.
The associate editor is responsible for sourcing, editing, managing, and distributing news, product announcements, articles, videos, podcasts, and other content across multiple platforms including print, Internet, newsletters, and social media for the Pharmaceutical Technology and BioPharm International brands.
- Prepare content for print and digital distribution.
- Copyedit and proofread assigned content.
- Work with design team and managing editor to create feature article assignments.
- Post articles, news, and other content in content management system and to websites.
- Prepare instructions and work with production team to develop, proofread, and deploy enewsletters.
- Coordinate the development and production of value-added bonuses.
- Optimize images via Photoshop for posting.
- Evaluate and edit press releases for news value; post on website.
- Create and edit content for scientists, engineers, and bio/pharmaceutical processing experts.
- Monitor industry activities and scientific developments.
- Identify and interview industry experts for feature articles, news stories, and special projects.
- Solicit and author feature articles for print and online publications.
- Create summaries of website content, including news, articles, blogs and more.
- Increase web traffic using search engine optimization best practices, as well as optimal keywords.
- Coordinate Twitter and LinkedIn posts for editorial and marketing purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, or English and up to two years of progressive experience
- Editing, writing, communication, technical, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Mac, Microsoft Word, InCopy, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Hootsuite, Omniture, and content management systems.
- Familiarity with digital distribution channels and SEO a plus
- Knowledge of chemistry or biological sciences and processes is a plus.
- A portfolio of published/posted content, preferably on business or science-related topics.
*Why work for UBM? *
As an employee of UBM you will have access to a positive company culture, a flexible and professional environment, UBM Employee Benefits and a commitment from us that we will invest in developing your talent.
UBM is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based on each person's skills, abilities and performance. We provide equal opportunity in employment to qualified individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender identity, gender re-assignment, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. This commitment extends to all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, discipline and discharge. Any form of discrimination is in violation of this policy and will not be tolerated by the Company.
We invite you to be part of an organization that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business.
Tracking Code: 173050-268
Job Location: Iselin, New Jersey, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular