Northrop Grumman Technical Editor and Writer 2 / Training Developer / US Army ADDIE & AFATDS in Huntsville, Alabama
Technical Editor and Writer 2 / Training Developer / US Army ADDIE & AFATDS
Requisition ID: 17015882
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
The Cutting Edge! The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's ILS Training Development team in Huntsville, Al.
The ILS Training Development team creates Programs of Instruction, Student Guides, Instructor Guides, Quick Reference Guides, Pocket Guides, Test Packages, Online Help, etc. A Training Developer (TD) works with a broad range of team members to include Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), engineers, graphics specialists, photographers, and customers. It is important that a TD has an ability to interview and extract necessary information from the SMEs. Strong technical
writing skills are mandatory. Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to
technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
Roles and Responsibilities:
•Strong writing, editing, and speaking skills. Must write in clear and concise manner, possess excellent English composition and grammar skills. Writing sample may be requested.
•Strong technical skills. Must be active learner for hardware and software applications.
•Strong interviewing and listening skills. Must able to ask the right questions of the subject matter experts (SMEs).
•Strong usability and testing skills. Must take an active role in validation of documentation and products.
•Good organizational skills
•Good troubleshooting skills
•Ability to work and adjust to changes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
•Must be a team player.
•Must be self-managing and self-motivatedJoin us on the edge.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS degree and 3 years related experience.
- 3 years developing training material using the Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate (ADDIE) process.
- 3 years working with military technical documents related to training development, training delivery, and integrated.
logistics support (ARs, Mil Specifications and Preferences, Technical Bulletins, IETMs, DIDs, etc.).
- 3 years as an intermediate or advanced Microsoft Office product suite user.
- 3 years working with Adobe Acrobat Distiller, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator skills.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance
- Must have 3 years experience in the use of Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) and have experience in creating training products for the same
Certificate or formal training as a Military Training Developer and/or Instructor/Writer.
- 5 years developing training material using ADDIE
- 5 years working with military technical documents related to training development, training delivery, and integrated
logistics support (ARs, Mil Specifications and Preferences, Technical Bulletins, IETMs, DIDs, etc.)
- 5 years as an advanced Microsoft Office product suite user
- Ability to use photographic equipment
- Experience as military training developer, and/or instructor writer at a DoD School or Center of Excellence
- 6 years experience employing AFATDS in a tactical environment as a subject matter expert
- Must be able to obtain and keep a Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Technical Editor and Writer 2 / Training Developer / US Army ADDIE & AFATDS
Requisition ID: 17015882