MathWorks Senior Technical Content Editor in MA,
Senior Technical Content Editor
US-MA-Natick| Technical Writing | 17579-RKUL
Are you a developmental editor with an eye for detail? A technical editor with a deep appreciation for sound writing? Candidates for this position will have the ability to bring out the best in highly technical topics and the writers who develop them.
In this role, you’ll co-locate with your writers, learn about our software products, and test procedures to inform your edits. You will also work across product families to manage terminology, and coordinate with other editors to influence the quality of MathWorks documentation.
• Perform developmental, technical, and copy editing on a large volume of product documentation for a global audience.
• Scale levels of edit to meet aggressive schedules and frequent release cycles.
• Review whole products: web pages, context-sensitive help, examples, error messages, and other information developed for customers.
• Mentor writers to improve clarity, conciseness, and consistency, with a focus on user-goal, topic-based authoring and lean writing.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help evolve editorial standards and processes.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
• B.A. in English, Journalism, Communications, or other related field
• 7 years of experience doing developmental and substantive language edits on technical material, preferably for software products
• Strong editing skills with the ability to understand technical content, edit for organization and flow, and add value to the usability of the documentation
• Ability to edit with an emphasis on improving presentation on the web
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an interest in helping writers to improve their writing skills
• Demonstrated editing experience
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 3500 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availablehere.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify postershere.