Defense Information Systems Agency Writer-Editor (Speech Writer) in Fort Meade, Maryland
About the Agency
If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is a great place for you. DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position.
- Supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and Commander, Joint Force Headquarters Department of Defense Information Networks (JFHQ-DODIN).
- Researches, writes and edits articles, speeches and presentations.
- Analyze and select pertinent information; determines the most logical and effective use of information.
- Perform additional research and rewrite submissions from other staff activities.
- Conduct studies and develop talking points, briefings and other written products.
- Occasional Travel
- 1 to 5 nights a month
- U.S. Citizenship or National
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-12 )within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as regularly writing and editing written material for speeches and public releases for senior executives.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.For more information about receiving and maintaining a security clearance, please click here.
What To Expect Next
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service. The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation. Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
Review our benefits
- Moving expenses will not paid.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 85 or are placed into the middle quality level category of "Highly Qualified" under category rating procedures, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT*ICTAP* eligible.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471945900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $94,796.00 to $123,234.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-1082-13/13
Promotion Potential: 13
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Who May Apply: All U.S. Citizens.
Control Number: 471945900
Job Announcement Number: D-DISA-10013202-17