NBC Universal Software Asset Management (SAM) Publisher Manager in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 31896BR
Job Title Software Asset Management (SAM) Publisher Manager
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
The purpose of this role is to be the end to end owner of a given set of Publishers/Titles for NBCU SAM team. This includes working with the users, Sourcing/Procurement team, License Resellers and the NBCU SAM FNMS Admin team to ensure there is a complete picture from Purchase to End of Life for a given set of software publisher/title(s).
• Maintain a dashboard of KPI’s for the assigned Publisher/Title(s).
• Serve as a direct point of contact with key internal stakeholders, User groups, including Procurement, Client Services & IT Finance teams.
• Serve as the contract/publisher subject-matter expert.
• Responsible for understanding the terms and conditions of licensing contracts
• Monitors licensing updates and changes published by vendors.
• Ensures deployments are approved prior to release based on the defined deployment strategy.
• Ensures redeployment methods are published and utilized.
• Support the sourcing team throughout external compliance audits,
• Providing internal reporting and analysis on a periodic basis that provides insight into the license position for given publisher.
• Manage renewals & Software end of life processes.
• Work with the SAM team on harvesting efforts to efficiently make use of purchased but underutilized licenses.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• At least 4 years’ experience in the governance function of a Software Asset Management team.
• 4+ years’ experience with software contracts.
• Strong understanding of software licensing and license use rights, and software license and support agreements
• Hands-on experience in managing and negotiating license and support agreements for software publishers
• IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
• Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
• Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines through the effective use of resources and appropriate planning and communication methods and tools
• Ability to innovate by introducing new ideas and processes to improve performance and productivity
• Ability to engage and consult with others in a collaborative manner
• Experience in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain License compliance information
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through NBC UNIVERSAL CAREERS to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Strong asset management background, including tool sets
• IAITAM certification
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.