Lincoln Journal Star Mining Editor in Elko, Nevada
Position at Elko Daily Free Press
Help keep the world informed about the multibillion-dollar gold mining industry as editor of the Mining Quarterly published by the Elko Daily Free Press. This 80-page magazine has provided key coverage of the hard-rock mining industry for the past 20 years from its base in northeastern Nevada, where the country’s largest open pit and underground mines are located.
Besides writing about gold mines and related businesses, this position involves editing special sections and portions of the Elko Daily Free Press, which has published continuously since 1868. Applicants with business writing, daily newspaper editing, and online publishing software preferred.
As part of Lee Enterprises, the Elko Daily Free Press offers excellent earnings potential and a variety of benefits including vacation, sick and holiday pay, along with a professional work environment focused on growth opportunities for employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and a background/DMV check prior to commencing employment.
Apply online at http://elkodaily.com/workhere* *. For consideration please attach links or examples of previous writing experience.
- Previous experience on a daily newspaper a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule which will include nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated skill and ability with multi-media platforms
- Demonstrated news writing and reporting ability
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment
- Work within a team environment