Ericsson Listings Editor - Norwegian FTC in Ealing, United Kingdom
Location: Ealing, London
Entering programme schedules, synopses and rich metadata on to a database which serves electronic media including, for catch-up and video-on-demand technologies, and for websites, the press and TV.
Maintaining accurate channel schedules, writing appropriate synopses, creating series links between episodes and handling late changes quickly and accurately. Fostering excellent relationships with broadcasters and clients. Periodic involvement in user-testing developments on the database.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships Reports to the Production Manager. Liaison with key clients, third party suppliers and other departments within the company.
Overall responsibility for channels assigned to you will typically include:
- Sourcing channel and programme information from broadcasters, agencies or websites for channels assigned to you, which may vary over time.
- Evaluating channel and programme information and checking relevant details with the supplier or authoritative alternative sources.
- Entering channel schedules and programme information on to a database in accordance with house style and client-specific requirements.
- Writing programme listings that are publishable, authoritative and effective for a wide and discriminating readership, including broadcasters and programme makers as well as viewers.
- Creating series links between related programmes to trigger personal video recorders to record forthcoming episodes the same series.
- Ensuring that all late changes are promptly reflected on the database.
- Issuing amendments by email if required by particular broadcasters.
- Assuming responsibility for channels during the absence of colleagues.
- Liaising effectively with broadcasters and handling client enquiries politely and efficiently.
- Suitably skilled post holders may additionally be assigned to writing features based on DVDs, tapes and print material.
- Weekend and out-of-hours work may be required to meet some deadlines, especially during the two months prior to Christmas.
- The post holder will report to a team leader in the UK Editorial department and may be assigned to various editorial teams with differing channel responsibilities.
Managing channel assignments
- Writing pertinent, readable synopses based on programme billings, press information and other appropriate sources.
- Planning workloads to accommodate multiple rolling deadlines.
- Working ahead of deadline whenever possible for maximum flexibility.
- Paying due attention to detail and accuracy, for example in reading through completed channels.
- Liaising regularly with other team members to ensure all work is covered.
Working effectively in a team
- Communicating progress to colleagues and managing your workload effectively, for example to ensure that channels can be readily covered during periods of absence.
- Liaising within the team to ensure that relevant channel and programme information is communicated.
- Logging and progressing issues in cooperation with colleagues in other areas of the company such as Extracts, Production, Technology and Sales.
Effective liaison with key personnel including broadcasters and producers
- Ensuring that all information received is complete, clear and accurate.
- Handling all incoming queries on channels assigned to you.
- Chasing channel updates.
- Monitoring gaps in your schedules to ensure that complete listings are received by clients.
Involvement in database developments
- User-testing developments on the database, including writing suitable test cases.
- Working with Technology and other colleagues to progress system developments such the electronic importation of schedules or other developments related to listings writers.
Person Specification - Experience/ Skills required
- Norwegian as first or equivalent language
- First-class subbing skills – including the ability to paraphrase programme information effectively – excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar, and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good general knowledge
- Being a good team player and an effective communicator
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible and cooperative approach to work
- IT literacy, including the ability to master the TeleView database
- A typing speed of 35-40wpm
- Good knowledge of TV and radio
- Relevant specialist knowledge, e.g. second languages, sport, classical music
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || No Selection || Ealing || ServEng
Req ID: 184062