Thomson Reuters Sr. Publishing Coordinator in Eagan, Minnesota
Editorial Responsibility :
- Coordinates and plans editorial activities such as production scheduling, resource allocation and vendor preparation for multiple content sets to meet editorial publishing schedules and quality standards.
- Delivers complex content sets in accordance with production schedules through the coordination of production teams, content providers, sourcing partners and others as needed.
- Participates in annual and long-term (life-cycle) planning of assigned content sets and product lines, collaborating with various departments regarding the business aspects of those content sets as required.
- Drives quality by creating and reviewing documentation, establishing and following editorial standards and evaluating work of staff and vendors to ensure that information is properly presented and organized.
- Anticipates complex issues related to schedules and production for assigned content sets, recommends solutions and drives resolution.
- Acts as a resource for others in handling content and production issues.
- Exhibits a strong understanding of editorial production process and requirements and the business drivers behind them.
- Demonstrates exceptional editorial judgment and attention to detail.
- Verifies own work and that of other staff as required for accuracy and completeness, and ensures that the information is properly presented and organized.
- Prepares reports as assigned on various topics (such as progress against currentness and quality goals) and communicates them to management.
- Individual and Leadership Development:
- Attends and participates in meetings as requested/required.
- Participates in the employee evaluation process (both wider feedback and self-evaluation).
- Develops knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal publications and products related to the employee's responsibilities, and those of competitors.
- Prioritizes own work and that of others.
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of each team member and how each role affects production.
- Is able to successfully work and communicate in a global work environment.
- Demonstrates competence on company specific systems necessary to perform job functions.
- Collaborates with a wide-range of internal contacts including but not limited to Editorial Operations, Manufacturing, Technology departments, and Product Management/Development
Works effectively and resolves issues with external contacts, including virtual and off-site teams/vendors or sourcing partners; coordinates and monitors the work of the global production teams, as well as content providers, sourcing partners, government officials and others as needed; delivers deadline information in a clear fashion, ensures production schedules are being met and work is being received in a timely manner.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
3 years experience in publishing, and/or in technical support of publishing processes is beneficial.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong Microsoft Office and other personal computer skills, solid experience with applications and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and prioritization skills
Detail-oriented with demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills for complex problems across teams
Is able to effectively assign and delegate work to others; plans publishing activities for global production teams to enable the teams to publish quality content within designated timeframes
Able to successfully manage multiple and complex projects simultaneously
Able to work successfully in a collaborative or team environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com."According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
Job: *Publishing / Editorial Family Group
Organization: *L PME Product Development
Title: Sr. Publishing Coordinator
Location: Minnesota-Eagan-Eagan-610 Opperman Dr
Requisition ID: JREQ083688