Thomson Reuters Sr. Publishing Coordinator in Eagan, Minnesota
Role Purpose Analyze, create and deliver content that enhances the value to customers of Thomson Reuters legal information, within parameters established by management and/or editors.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Adhere to editorial publishing schedules to meet revenue goals, and meet quality standards.
- Coordinate workflows for specific products to ensure that data is completed in order to meet all revenues goals.
- Monitor workflows to ensure that data is received from various sources.
- Respond to queries and issues from both internal and external customers.
- Maintain internal documentation and create new documentation as necessary.
- Provide training and mentorship to others, including global staff and vendors.
- Provide support and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested/required. Effectively work across teams to accomplish objectives.
- Develop understanding of the roles and responsibilities of each collaborator/team member and how each role impacts production.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree with 2-4 years' publishing experience OR high school diploma with 5 - 7 years of publishing experience
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies
- Strong ability to analyze editorial materials.
- Developing knowledge of U.S. legal system and terminology.
- Sound editorial judgment and attention to detail.
- Developing knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal publications and products related to the employee's responsibilities.
- Developing understanding of editorial production process and requirements.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills including sound writing skills, as required.
- Strong technical skills including proficiency on company specific systems and software necessary to perform job functions.
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative or team environment and across sites.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all contacts, both internally and externally.
- Scope and Impact
- Prioritize and be accountable for own work and work across the team.
- Works independently and takes ownership within defined areas.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyze possible solutions using standard procedures and implements, as directed
- Makes decisions within established guidelines, but can receive a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Effectively works across team boundaries and sites to accomplish objectives.
Interacts with court contacts and external customers forming positive relationships.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
"According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
Job: *Publishing / Editorial Family Group
Organization: *L PME Editorial Operations
Title: Sr. Publishing Coordinator
Location: Minnesota-Eagan-Eagan-610 Opperman Dr
Requisition ID: JREQ083634