Cumuls Broadcasting News Editor/ Reporter/Anchor (WBAP-AM/KLIF-AM) in Dallas, Texas
Cumulus Media | Dallas is offering a great opportunity for a morning drive News Editor/ Reporter/Anchor for our news/talk stations, WBAP 820AM and KLIF 570AM. Our ideal candidate should possess work ethic, be a self-starter, team player and highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom.
Cumulus Media Dallas currently features 7 stations in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area: KTCK 1310 The Ticket, KPLX 99.5 The Wolf, KSCS 96.3 New Country, KESN 103.3 ESPN, WBAP 820 News/Talk, KLIF-AM 570 News/Talk, & KLIF-FM Hot 93.3. At Cumulus Dallas we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 447 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
Cumulus Media Dallas is seeking an experienced morning drive News Editor/Reporter/Anchor for the combined WBAP/KLIF News Departments. Candidates for this position must possess the following skill sets:
- Must have at least three years of experience in radio news.
- Individual will write and produce stories.
- Individual will record live segments from both the WBAP and KLIF morning shows and rapidly turn around content for news stories.
- Individual will be required to write and produce web and social media content.
- Familiarity with digital audio editing software required.
- Experience with long-form, breaking, non-scripted news coverage.
- Individual may be called upon to anchor newscasts on either WBAP or KLIF as needed.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of standard text and audio editing
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and prioritizing
- Team player
What we offer
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
- Competitive pay and the ability to increase income.
- Benefits, vacation, and paid holidays offered for all full time employees.
- Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401K with company match, and Life and Disability coverage.
*Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. *
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at http://www.cumulus.com/careers.
3090 Olive Street, West Victory Plaza, Suite #400, Dallas, Texas 75219 Telephone: 214-526-2400 Fax: 972-708-4146
Location: Dallas, TX