JT3 TECHNICAL PUBLISHING II in China Lake, California
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Plan, design, write, edit, and proofread documents such as external customer correspondence, contract deliverables, and training manuals, and internal documentation such as proposals, correspondence, and contract requirements.
- Advise program management staff and external customers on correct procedures and instructions required in the publication of documents, which includes in-depth knowledge of customer requirements and specifications regarding documentation and publication standards.
- Edit reports, publications, proposals and correspondence to ensure clarity of content, consistency of format, and accuracy of grammar.
- Interface with engineers and technical professionals in the writing, editing and publication of various types of customer documents such as training manuals, concept of operations, and contract deliverables. Interface also occurs with external customers, providing the same support.
- Responsible for quality control, production, and distribution of documents in accordance with customer requests and schedules.
- Participate in department and company-wide proposal writing projects.
- Utilize appropriate computer software for document text production.
- Investigate and implement best ways to produce documentation electronically while still providing high quality output with rapid turnaround.
- When workload permits, provide senior-level technical writing/editing and advisory support to a small business company which is contracted to us for support.
- Establish and maintain electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or related discipline and at least 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent work experience and training. Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a valid state issued driver's license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled