NBC Universal Assignment Desk Editor in Centennial, Colorado
Job Number 35033BR
Job Title Assignment Desk Editor
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM KDEN
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 17 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 53 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Support and assist the production of all elements involved in a local show. As an Assignment Editor, you will be responsible for fulfilling all content needs for our shows as requested by Producers and Managers.
• Coordinates activities of Newsroom gathering staff; maintains contact with outside news agencies, police/fire departments (community organization) and other sources to obtain information regarding developing news items. Coordinate distribution of content between different platforms: TV, Web and Social Media.
• Facilitate news gathering process; ensure comprehensive coverage of news stories.
• Enterprise story ideas and work with Reporters, Producers and Web Editors to develop and cover stories.
• Manage the logistics of day-to-day assignments for local field crews.
• Dispatch crews and information in a timely and organized manner.
• Conceptualize platform integration with Producers, Web Editors, Reporters, Photographers and other personnel in a timely and organized manner.
• Conceive distribution of content between news platforms: TV/Web/Social Media.
• Anticipate special news events and conceptualize plan for content integration.
• Write scripts / edit tape segments as needed.
• Collaborate as on-air talent if needed.
• Work with News Management to effectively use available resources in managing operations and to develop standards and processes for optimal performance.
• BA, BS or Master in Broadcasting, Journalism and/or Communications.
• Minimum 2 year relevant experience on Electronic Media.
• Solid editorial judgment.
• Knowledge digital platforms (web, mobile) and social media.
• Ability to speak read and write fluently in English and Spanish.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work at KDEN headquarters in Centennial, CO.
• Must be willing to submit a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to live in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Experience in leading and managing people.
• Have good interpersonal skills, be a dependable, quick thinker with an eye for detail.
• Be creative with a positive attitude and a motivated team player.
• Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.