Thomson Reuters Senior State Content Editor , Trusts & Estates (CA) in California
Practical Law, a Thomson Reuters business, is a leading online provider of legal know-how. We help business lawyers practice more efficiently and deliver greater value to clients. We deliver our content to companies, law firms and law schools. Our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including approximately 85% of the Am Law 200, hundreds of small and mid-size firms and over 1,300 legal departments worldwide.
Practical Law is seeking an experienced California Trusts & Estates attorney to join our team who will:
- Take on a leadership role for the Practical Law Trusts & Estates service in California, driving content planning and development of new resources for California attorneys.
- Develop, write and edit a wide variety of know-how and current awareness resources on trusts and estates matters (including practice guidance notes, standard documents, checklists, and legal updates) for practicing attorney-subscribers, with a focus on California-specific resources.
- Collaborate with other Practical Law editors on content planning and priorities to meet the practice needs of California-based trusts and estates lawyers, and to identify and develop new high-value national resources.
- Help us develop and maintain national trusts and estates resources to serve all markets.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external California-based trusts and estates lawyers to find content contributors and to ensure that the trusts and estates content is topical and meets their needs.
- Stay informed of current developments and issues in trusts and estates in California and nationally, to ensure timely updates of existing content and development of new content.
Work with sales and marketing teams to promote the Practical Law Trusts & Estates service.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to undertake writing and editing samples.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- At least six (6) years’ experience working as a Trusts and Estates Attorney in a California law firm, including experience at either a large firm with a trusts and estates group or a boutique firm with a sophisticated trusts and estates practice.
- A clear focus on trusts and estates matters, with an emphasis on planning for California residents and trust and estate administration in California.
- Actively licensed in California .
- Strong academic credentials.
Significant and broad expertise and practice experience in a variety of trusts and estates matters, optimally including:
o Routine estate planning with wills and revocable trusts, planning with irrevocable trusts, charitable planning, special needs planning, planning for closely-held business owners, routine and complex probate and estate administration matters, preparation of federal estate tax returns, preparation of federal gift tax returns, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
A passion for writing and strong editing skills, including:
o very close attention to detail; o excellent command of grammar, punctuation and plain English; o strong technical drafting skills; and o the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Self-motivated with excellent management and organizational skills to effectively track productivity and ensure product development milestones are met.
- Ability to constantly collaborate with and support team members in a remote environment.
- Ability to operate efficiently in a remote/VPN environment without on-site technical support.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Publishing / Editorial Family Group
Organization: *L PME Editorial
Title: Senior State Content Editor , Trusts & Estates (CA)
Requisition ID: JREQ083068