Harvard University Multimedia Producer/Editor in Boston, Massachusetts
Harvard Business School
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
The Harvard Business School (HBS) is seeking an experienced video producer/editor to join our acclaimed multimedia case production team. The right candidate will have a passion for storytelling and the technical experience to plan, shoot, and edit high quality video and web-based multimedia teaching products.
This position will be responsible for partnering with faculty to film and produce original documentary style multimedia content for use in teaching and learning. The ideal candidate must be an expert visual storyteller, proficient in shooting, lighting and editing, and have the project management skills to steward a project from script to screen. The multimedia producer will work with faculty to identify key concepts and create/execute a production plan to meet established pedagogical goals.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Multimedia Development, this position is part of a creative team consisting of multimedia producers, digital video specialists, and graphic/user interface designers. The producer also acts as a liaison with Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) in the distribution of multimedia educational products and may collaborate with HBS global research centers in the support of faculty research.
- Responsible for concept development, script writing and all aspects of location production and post-production;
- Establish and manage project budgets and timelines for milestones and deliverables;
- Manage all logistics for field production and travel;
- Manage the gathering of release forms and third-party permissions as needed, working closely with subjects during the project review phase to secure final sign-offs and authorizations;
- Conduct and film interviews in the field;
- Take constructive criticism and feedback from stakeholders and implement solutions that solve problems and meet project requirements;
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- 1 0 + years in a professional broadcast, corporate, or higher education environment
- B.A. in communications/media or related degree
- Must be willing to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in education, instructional design, or online product development.
- High level of proficiency with nonlinear video editing systems
- Demonstrated competency as a videographer preferred
- Experience working with and interviewing a wide range of subjects
- Excellent project oversight, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to develop trusting working relationships with colleagues and business partners
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.