Security Mutual Life Insurance Publishing Analyst in Binghamton, New York
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The purpose of this position is to ensure that all material published by the Communications and Corporate Services Department is accurate and compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Review documents and agent-produced marketing materials, determine necessary disclaimers, changes, and required reviewers for document circulation.
• Administer storage and productions systems, recommend and implement changes as necessary to improve review process and market compliance recordkeeping, testing, and updating.
• Typeset, lay out and proof documents, track for market conduct approval. Proofread and test documents, graphics, links and program announcements for market conduct approval and accuracy.
• Assist with review and administration process for existing documents.
• Assist with production of materials for company meetings and events.
• Assist Department management with proofreading all materials produced by the department.
• Oversee publications for company newsletter. Select articles from subscription service for publication consideration and oversee, proof and release publication of approved articles.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Experience in market compliance, corporate standards, and privacy requirements preferred.
• Knowledge of fonts, formatting, and embedding.
• Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
• Excellent written communications skills, including comprehensive knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Experience in cross-platform computer programs and systems.
• Experience in InDesign, Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook.
• Familiarity with insurance products preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ability to take care of both internal and external customer needs.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Associate’s Degree in Business or related field of study required.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Security Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer