Microsoft Corporation Senior Content Publisher in Bellevue, Washington
Are you a great storyteller who would like to help shape the next-gen content experience for the Microsoft Dynamics 365, Customer Engagement product suite? If so, come join our small but mighty CPub team responsible for creating engaging and informative content that includes:
• Next-gen, in-app user assistance
• Content for web and mobile
• Product UI text and terminology
In this role, you will work closely with multidisciplinary teams to create, review, and ship high-quality content deliverables to empower our customers to achieve more with Dynamics 365. We are looking for someone with a growth mindset to oversee UI text development in our products, manage the terminology being introduced in new features, and drive understanding of accessibility guidelines. The ideal person is customer obsessed and enjoys being a collaborative partner with our Writers, PMs, and Videos team. Someone who wants to develop the processes and style guidelines that we live by. Also, keeps an eagle eye on issues of content compliance, such as on copyrights and use of fictitious names.
The ideal candidate is a multi-faceted editor who knows how to deliver maximum meaning with minimum words. You’re equally comfortable editing UI text, web copy, in-app content, video scripts – whatever type of content best suited to solve the problem at hand. You enjoy explaining technical subjects in plain, conversational language, and can weave text into a compelling, coherent story.
It will help if you have a good understanding of UX and how content and interaction design support each other, experience applying SEO concepts, or visual design talents that enable you to evaluate the visuals that illustrate key points in our documentation.
Dynamics 365, Customer Engagement is a fast-paced organization, full of people who are energized by our tremendous opportunity to make a direct impact on customer satisfaction. Our Content Publishing team delivers in-app user assistance, web content, and videos on the Dynamics 365 YouTube channel, such as this Sales playlist.
Key responsibilities include:
• Impact and influence UI text and terminology strategy.
• Edit user interface text and error messages.
• Oversee product terminology and ensure stakeholders have up-to-date, consumable guidance for terms and product names.
• Manage accessibility compliance by our CPub team for all deliverables, including providing reports, defining guidelines and best practices, and working closely with Accessibility PMs.
• Oversee content compliance, such as copyrights, geopol term issues, fictitious content, and copyrights.
• Provide developmental editing to help Writers shape the end-to-end content experience.
• 5+ years’ current experience writing or editing for end-user and IT Pro audiences
• 3+ years’ current experience writing or editing UI text
• 2+ years’ experience authoring in a content management system, such as XMetal or GitHub
• 4-year degree in Technical Communications, English, User-centered Design, or related discipline
• Modern web publishing experience
• Ability to:
o Use your expertise to guide others’ work, establish and share standards and policies
o Develop and communicate a content strategy
o Deeply understand a target audience’s needs, tasks, and goals, and translate those needs into executable plans
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines
• Collaborate effectively with peers and key partners in other functional groups (such as program management, marketing, branding, and support)
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• User-centered design certificate/training
Please provide 1 or 2 high-quality samples of relevant work. Show us something you're most proud of.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.