Hearst Television Digital Content Producer and Web Editor in Baltimore, Maryland
WBAL News Radio 1090, Hearst Television owned is looking for a Part Time Digital Content Producer and Web Editor to help produce digital content which includes: (but not limited to) audio clips, videos, photos and graphics. The Digital Content Producer and Web Editor will use the station website wbal.com, the station’s social media accounts, and other digital tools to distribute station content. The Digital Content Assistant may also be asked to help with radio board operations and video production.
- Oversee activity on WBAL.com and all of WBAL’s other digital platforms.
- Writing, cleaning and editing news articles for WBAL in the form of web articles, newsletters, social media posts, mobile alerts and other digital platforms.
- Produce original reports on the subject matter of digital media, trending content, tech trends and other like news for online and on-air purposes.
- Repurposing WBAL Radio talk show content for use on the website and social media accounts.
- Creating content and maintaining WBAL’s social media accounts including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Focus on Sports, Navy, Ravens content.
- Coordinate with Field reporters to aid in writing stories and uploading of video, photos and other digital elements to the web and social media channels.
- Use the website, social media and other digital platforms to promote the overall WBAL NewsRadio 1090 brand as well as promote on-air and on-line listening of the station.
- Familiarity with Adobe Audition, Audition, Photoshop, Premier and Illustrator (or like programs) preferred.
- Familiarity with Radio Broadcasts preferred.
- Familiarity with live video production and editing preferred.
- Familiarity with Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / Youtube and its relationship with news consumers, online marketing and web traffic.
- Previous experience in Broadcast Performance preferred.
- Previous Journalism Experience preferred.
- Previous experience in web site content management preferred.
- Previous experience in graphic production preferred.
Job ID: 2178
Position Type: Part-Time
Job Category: Radio
Location: Baltimore, MD US
Station Name: WBAL-AM