MacAulay-Brown, Inc. 13941: Technical Writers/Editors in Albuquerque, New Mexico
13941: Technical Writers/Editors
Location: New Mexico, Albuquerque
Clearance: Top Secret
MacB is a key provider of quick response technology assessments with a five year contract to provide support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense with work primarily at Kirtland AFB, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of engineering and technical services, including technology demonstrations and assessments, laboratory and field experiments, and integrated research and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified technical writers and/or editors to join our technology assessment oriented organization. These positions involve support to Department of Defense (DoD) activities for one or more projects that involve review of a technology or concept.
- Enhance the clarity and communication of technical documents and presentations in support of assessments, experiments and studies.
- Write, edit, and organize documents in terms of contractual requirements for use by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Plan content and scheduling for technical publications, public relations materials and proposals.
- Coordinate document production to meet contractual specifications, deadlines, export control, or other publication requirements.
- Perform research, gather information, develop lists, obtain references, and write/produce technical and non-technical communications or publications.
- Maintain document templates to facilitate document use by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Provide training to staff to improve written and oral communications skills.
- A Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
- Expertise in researching, writing, editing, and proofing documentation.
- Ability to work with project personnel, support groups, and subject matter experts to gather information and ensure thoroughness and accuracy of all publications.
- Must have ability to condense or revise material into easily understandable text and ensure thoroughness and accuracy of all publications.
- Ability to review the scope of documents against program objectives, ensuring coherence of written material, organization, and completeness of information.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and interviewing skills. May lead group discussions.
- Ability to work well with people as well as independently, and with little or no supervision after initial briefing.
- Ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadline pressure with fast turnarounds.
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
For more than 37 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has been solving some of the Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security and Federal agencies rely on our advanced engineering services, cyber security, and product solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. Join MacB where you will work with a team of highly experienced professionals in the areas of Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Research Development Test and Evaluation, Information Operations, fabrication, IT solutions, Logistics and Acquisition Management. MacB has won multiple workplace awards, offers generous salaries and benefits, and has outstanding growth opportunities.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, gender, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.